Friday, January 1, 2010

Daylight is Coming


Bursting to share this jewel with you. Brooke Fraser's limited release, What To Do With Daylight [abridged], is a work of art. The melodies are beautiful, the lyrics soulful, and Brooke's voice is a breath of fresh air. One of my favorite songs recorded happens to be Arithmatic, in which Brooke sings about the uncertainties of life as she contemplates the vastness of the starry sky above. She comes to the conclusion that even through the constant changes, God remains faithful, the only certain One, and she desires Him above all else. Beautifully expressed in the lines: 'Cos if I add, if I subtract/ if I give it all, try to take some back/ I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact/ that You are the sum/ so You are the One/ I want.

Usher in the new year with these lovely songs. I don't think that you'll regret it. To learn more about Brooke Fraser, check out her official webiste: www.brookefraser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment