Sunday, January 24, 2010

Loving Life


I did not set out to become a blogger. Nor did I ever intend, once I began posting entries into cyberspace, to create an online journal. This blog began as a school project, and even though I am no longer obligated to keep it up, I find that I rather enjoy writing. My blog has become a creative outlet.

As each passing day brings with it new trials, troubles, and worries, I have found that choosing to focus on the more positive aspects of my life overshadows the anxieties. I have stressed less this semester, which is a blessing. It has been a much smoother transition, easing back into school, for I now have a better idea of what to expect. And I cannot thank God enough for the amazing people that He has brought into my life. My family and friends are a constant source of encouragement for me.

It was because of my friends that I embarked on my first snowboarding adventure. As a result, a whole new world has opened up to me. I have discovered the thrills of snowboarding, and the rush of speed. I spent a wonderfully perfect day in the company of great companions. On the drive back, we listened to Lifehouse, ate junk food, and alternately balanced conversation with laughter and restful silence. As I sat in the back of the car, my mind was free of anxiety and I was utterly content. And that was wonderful.

To all of my friends: you know who you are. I don't think that I deserve you, but I cannot imagine life without you. If I haven't said as much, I want you to know how much I love you all. Thank you for your love and support.

image source

1 comment:

  1. I fell in love with this image. I think it is simply beautiful - it reflects what I feel.

    ReplyDelete