Monday, January 25, 2010

The Perfect Match

PBS is airing Masterpiece Theater's adaption of Emma, and from what I have seen, they are doing a splendid job of bringing Jane Austen's classic tale to screen. Watching the story come to life, I was delighted with the portrayal of Emma as played by Romola Garai, for she brings a vivacity and spunk to her character. This is by far the best adaption of Emma ever filmed - better than BBC's previous version and much better than Gweneth Paltrow's portrayal. If you are a Jane Austen fan, this movie is the perfect match for you.

I didn't want the story to end... Now I shall have to wait to see the rest of the movie. On the bright side, it gives me something to look forward to. Part two resumes next Sunday evening at 9. Lovely.

more about Emma...

No comments:

Post a Comment