Friday, January 1, 2010

Must See


My mother and I went on a special outing to see the film Julie and Julia, and the two of us were delighted by Meryl Streep's lovely portrayal of Julia Child. Mom, in particular, because she grew up watching Mrs. Child on television.

While I enjoyed the whole movie, there were several parts that were especially worthy of note. The film promoted marriage. The love that was shown throughout the lives of both Julia and modern-day Julie was a steadfast commitment, and was much deeper than a feeling. The relationship that the two women shared with their husbands was both tender and strong. They experienced their ups and downs, to be sure, but through it all, they remained devoted to each other. It is rare that a film so beautifully captures the true meaning of love, yet Julie and Julia did a superb job of it.

Another point of special interest for me was Julie's blog. Just like me, she used blogger.com to launch herself into cyberspace. And of course, what made the movie even more endearing to me was the fact that it was based upon truth. Both Julie and Julia are real, in-the-flesh people, and their stories were not fictional.

I know the movie has been out for some time now, but if you haven't taken the time to see it, I would highly recommend this heart-warming film.

No comments:

Post a Comment