Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Something Sacred


I locked me away
And buried the key
In a place that only I knew
Until you came to me
And you shook my world
Now everything is changing

Its my sacred trust
My gift to you
If I open the door and give you the key
I am believing that you will stay

Guard my heart
Protect my soul
'Cause this trust is sacred
Now I'm letting you in
Into the depths of me
Christ alone knows me better than you do

When I search your eyes
I see an honest reflection
Of the man that you are
Honest and real
Gentle and strong
I know I can rest securely in you

Something sacred
This trust that we share
We opened our doors and we hold the keys
Knowing that we both will stay...

............................................................................

Love is more than a fancy or a feeling. It is a promise, a commitment, and is held together by a strong bond of trust. This trust is something sacred, and should be valued. Bits and pieces of my reflections; just fragments, really.

1 comment: