Thursday, May 20, 2010

Butterfly


Memories in a bottle
Come floating over me
Trying to catch them all
Is like chasing butterflies
I can hold but a few at a time
Each one is precious
But some float away
From my grasp
And I am left clutching air
Nothing there.

But the memory of you
Is clear
I can see in vivid detail
If memories are butterflies
Than you are more beautiful
And you soar the highest
And you are the one that I treasure
But I would rather have you
Than a memory.

...............................................................

A reflective piece that I jotted down while contemplating memories. The words seemed to write themselves, and I was merely trying to catch them on paper before they disappeared altogether.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, my lovely sister. Your posts run at the speed of whim. Your Blog is purposed with your peppered perspective. I cannot hope to follow you into the realm of elegant simplicity in creativity.

    Falchion

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sting in the eye~oh a tear to please my emotion~unexpected beauty touched me deep within as I chanced upon the beauty of your thought ...

    ReplyDelete