Thursday, May 13, 2010

Easier To Be ... Me



Yup. Yet another Lifehouse song. Will I ever tire of posting and listening to this incredibly gifted group? Apparently not. 'Easier To Be' is my song of the week, and I wanted to share it. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot contain my happiness, because it is bursting out of me. I randomly break out into smiles. This life that we have should be lived to the full, and I for one intend to live it up. For me, each waking moment is an opportunity, and every day has prospects of being a grand adventure. I am wide-eyed and mystified.

At times, I do feel somewhat like a cock-eyed optimist. Particularly when I look around me and see images of the war-torn countries, lands stricken by earthquakes and the chaos of America's economy. I don't dabble in politics much, but even I can see the that my country's predicament is a serious one. And my heart is heavy for the hurting people. It breaks for the starving abandoned children. So my optimism is tempered by reality. But when I take the time to consider, it is all real. My joy and the pain. They co-exist.

I look forward to the day when there will be no more sorrows. When the mourning is turned into dancing. When everything is as it should be. Until that time, I will hold fast to hope. Because He lives, there is always hope.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE "Easier To Be" by Lifehouse, Kels! good choice!! they're a great band, but I can tell you know that already by your past blog posts ;D

    it was awesome seeing ya on sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Jenna :) Right now, Lifehouse is my absolute favorite band on the face of the earth.

    It was wunnerful seeing you Sunday as well <3

    ReplyDelete