Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rambling...


I suppose that this is a contemplative, introspective blog post... With Christmas just days away, and New Year's right around the corner, I've started to reminisce over how I spent 2009. The memories flood over me. Replaying events, conversations, seeing faces, thinking about where I was and where I am and where I am going. Trying to sort out my thoughts, and feeling like the ocean's tide keeps sweeping over me in a rush.

Where I've been: India. My dream came true in May. The experiences will not soon be forgotten. I learned so much, and now long to go back. My time in Bangalore was short, but I relive those precious days in my dreams and when my thoughts tend to wander, as they are doing so now.

Where I am: I now have my first semester of college under my belt. I have never in my life been so stressed or worn out both mentally and physically. It has been a grueling few months, and I am still recovering. I welcome Christmas break as a time to recharge.

Life has taught me many things. I have learned who my true friends are, and the value of strong relationships. I have been blessed to have formed new friendships, and have invested in my relationships. I thank God for bringing such wonderful people into my life.

Where I am going: Heading into 2010. Another semester of college to finish out my freshman year. I now have a better idea of what to expect, but I think Spring term will be a bit rocky. I certainly anticipate a couple bumps down the road here and there. In regards to college, if all goes according to plan, I could possibly graduate before 2013.

This coming June, I am tentatively planning another trip to Okinawa, Japan. It is an exciting prospect, and I am hoping that all of the details work out. Bonding time with my sister, beautiful country, exploring the city, and getting another opportunity to spend time with my Japanese relatives would be wonderful. Fingers crossed...

I am not going to make resolutions. I hardly ever keep them in any case, so I consider them to be a waste of time. But I will set goals. I plan on hitting the ground running. 2010, here I come.

2 comments: