Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly

So I didn't realize until this moment that one of our in class assignments was meant to blogged about. My bad. As instructed, I will post the assignment. Judge for yourselves whether the designs are an improvement of what you are about see, and prepare yourself for something dreadful... For this project, I was instructed to find three horribly hideous websites. Once I accomplished this (and believe me, I had a lot to choose from), I was to take a screenshot of those sites, copy them into Powerpoint, recreate the basic shapes, and then rearrange those shapes into a better layout.


Ouch. This does not require an explanation. No comment.


For the re-design, I changed up to layout to something more attractive. The color scheme was toned down, and while not a fantastic site, it is now at least not an eyesore to the public. Overall, the re-designed site is more appealing, better organized, and more functional.


My dad's hometown tourism site. Let me tell you, there isn't much to see. And the website is dated. The graphics are blah. And the layout is rather dry.

My proposed re-design spices it up a bit. The look is cleaner, more spread out, and is artistically attractive. It looks more like a tourist site. How successful it would be at luring visitors to Princeton, Kentucky, I honestly couldn't say.

And ahem, yeah, it is a very pathetic Hannah Montana website. Epic fail, right?

The re-designed site adds some pizazz to an otherwise bland page. I chose a bolder color scheme, and rearranged the shapes to form a more interesting layout. The new page is tweener friendly and more balanced than the original site. If you want to add to your lousy three member following, my advice is to spice up the site. Make people look at your pages. Choose better images, and have more content. I wanted the page to pop.

While none of my re-designs are marvelous, professional grade works, they are most certainly an improvement to what was there before. And considering that Powerpoint was the program that the re-designs were created in, I was very pleased with the outcomes. Just so you know, these are actual screenshots of real websites. Scary, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment