Monday, August 8, 2011

Stability


Balancing cares that are not my own
Taking on added responsibility
Evidence now of how I have grown
Into a role that was not mine naturally
I begin to relish the challenge
Juggling gifting with insecurity
Leaning upon the one truth I know
You are my anchor, my stability

Placing one foot forward, tentatively
Gently lifting the second behind
Thoughts wander, I wobble shakily
'Til I focus and sharpen my mind
Rememb'ring the words you said to me
Resounding echoes deep in my soul
Suddenly granting me clarity
Before my cares start to take their toll

I know You won't let my foot slip
Off this narrow path on which I travel
It may seem as though I'm losing my grip
Yet somehow I will not unravel
I'm holding onto something precious
I have found the pearl of great price
Though my life may be precarious
I shall follow Your loving advice

Please help my eyes see the beauty
When all I can see is despair
Give me strength to stop the cruelty
When I am tempted to not even care
Help me to seek humilty
To turn and seek Your face
In the eyes of the broken and weary
The people who need Your grace

I am not just free-falling
I am not just dust in the wind
I heard Your voice and Your calling
My spirit has been quickened
My eyes have now been opened
Your truth is very revealing
I will go wherever you send
And I will not be unfeeling
I will follow You to the End.

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece, and it so fits where you are in life. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete