Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head


The sound of splashing raindrops is falling upon my ears. It awoke me this morning, and when my eyes adjusted to the dim, grey light, I welcomed the gloomy dreariness. These rainy days make for contemplative reflections.

Some find days like today depressing, but they are looking at it with the wrong perspective. Over the years, I have come to appreciate the grey days almost as much as the bright ones, for when the sun comes out I know it will shine all the brighter. Like as not, a rainbow will arch across the sky when the clouds have let up.

There is a beauty to rain drenched days. I find the rhythmic pattering of raindrops soothing. And I find that the strangest thoughts will pop into my head, such as, who among us would desire the task of watering the entire earth? Was it not generous and kind of God to provide the world with a system that replenishes the earth with water?

If all that you can see is grey
Let me ease the mask away
For under the surface you will find
All of the color to which you were blind
Though it is hiding beneath the haze
You should seek beauty in rainy days

Peering in closer to see past the gloom
Lovely red roses are fully in bloom
Glittering orbs grace the petals like glass
There truly is beauty around you en masse.
If you only take the time to find
Delight in the details, open your mind.
image credit

1 comment: