Friday, June 25, 2010

So Sweet

I love words. Language is a wonderful thing, and I see it as a challenge to find the perfect words to describe my thoughts and feelings. A friend of mine recently lent me a book that she thought I would enjoy. In her own words:
I loved the language of this story. Simply, I loved the way he put words together. As a fellow lover of words, I expect you will love it too...
The book is entitled The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, and that is quite a mouthful. I had only laid eyes on the first few pages before I knew that I was going to love soaking in this book. I sunk my teeth into a scrumptious, delightful treasure. I have been reading it out loud to my sister, and the two of us are immensely enjoying the wonderfully written tale. I love the way that the words roll off my tongue.

I never knew that books could taste this delicious. This is a must read for philologists. If you love words, you will adore this book. Sweetness is a delectable treat of literature that does not rely on dialogue to support it's vivid cast of characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment