Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fireflowers 花火


Tonight was magical. After I got off of work, I spent the evening with wonderfully amazing people, whom I love and cherish. God painted a cotton candy sunset in the sky. When theit grew dark and the lights dimmed, I witnessed a spectacular display. My eyes beheld willow-tree fireflowers that fell like stardust from the night sky. With each successive explosion came a new burst of light, a different pattern on the canvas of the sky. I was physically tired, and almost drifted off to dreamland as I gazed upwards.

The best part? This is just the beginning. Fireflower displays are starting to come into a full swing. Oh, how I love summer! May the magic never end... I am slipping into sleep even as I write this. Sleep is a welcome friend to me now. I think I will embrace it.

2 comments:

  1. You have been in a poetically inclined mood lately. So Beautiful. I think that you have a knack and a passion for choosing images to accompany your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete