Monday, September 13, 2010

Not Falling In


I didn't think my heart was big enough to hold you
The way I am holding you right now
I thought that when I said 'I love you'
It would express all I wanted to say

But words are empty to me now
They don't quite mean what I feel
If I could find the words to say
I would fill the empty shades of grey

I would paint you a rainbow
With all the vibrant colors of my thoughts
They would be a prism of light for you
To dazzle and sparkle and shine

I am not falling in love with you
I chose to love you as you are
You have become precious to me
I wouldn't change you for the world

No, I am not falling in.
What started as a fancy,
Or perhaps a feeling,
Has changed.

It took me deeper.
It took me higher.
Further up
And further in.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful m'dear...

    love the Narnia allusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you m'dear. I love that quote. Rather

    ReplyDelete