Thursday, March 25, 2010

C'est la Vie


I am feeling contemplative today. The weather may be affecting my mood. Rain is falling from the skies at a steady rate, and the drops are beginning to collect in puddles. Each new splash creates a ripple, only to be absorbed into an ever increasing pool of water. Drip, drop, ka-plink, ka-plunk. The heavens are crying, and the tears are watering the earth.

I used to hate rainy days. They depressed me, and the absence of the sun saddened my spirits. Today, however, I am pondering rather than despairing. The rain will subside, and the sun will shine again, ever the brighter, and I will drink in it's warmth with pleasure. In the meantime, I will stay dry and observe the shower pour down. It is a cycle of life.

Without days like today, I could not enjoy the beauty of Spring. I am coming to appreciate these wet and dreary days as opportunities to slow down. When I come home tonight, I will fix myself a steaming cup of chai tea, relax in comfy pajamas, and watch March Madness transpire.

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't resist the urge to take a rambling walk along the downtown canal, and so I deposited my bookbag in my car and headed off on a carefree stroll by the waters. And I soaked in the pleasure of having no cares to tie me down. And it was lovely.

So let the rain fall. Replenish the ground with life, because I can't wait to see the greenness. I will relish in the golden days all the more. For how could I appreciate the sunny days if I didn't endure the dreary, cold, and wet ones? C'est la vie, no? And life, from my perspective, is beautiful. Louange à Dieu!

image source

No comments:

Post a Comment